The person should have a total work experience of 3 to 4 years, with extensive experience as DBA for Microsoft SQL Server. Should have high exposure level to log shipping, performance tuning, managing clusters, backup & recovery and query optimization.
- Experience: 3 Year +
- Education: B.Tech/MCA degree with strong exposure to Microsoft Technologies
- Job Location: New Delhi
- Job Ref code: 1412DBA01
- Industry: IT/ Computers - Software
- Substantive (3-4 years) experience providing database administration in the following environments - MS SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Expertise on Installation, Backup, Restores/ refreshes, etc.
- Must have worked on Log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring, Migration, performance tuning, Cluster environment and DTS/SSIS.
- Expertise in mentoring and coaching peers.
- Ability to deal with conflicting deadlines on a regular basis when managing work packages associated with projects.
- Proven experience in Database Technologies and able to Architect / Design / implement a DB solution which meet client requirement of High Availability, Performance and Reliability in one or more of the following, Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS SQLServer, Sybase and Informix.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server/2008/2012 Operating environments.
- Ability to utilize various tools to provide system management functions such as: system backup/recovery, code promotion, system monitoring.
- Ability to perform software upgrades, and apply patches.
- Ability to formulate overall strategies and support development effort in areas of major difficulties and organizational complexity.
- Risk awareness is vital. A simple change can have major unintended consequences.
- Recognized Leadership/Management skills for working in a stressful environment.